MSSQL Server is powerful database system from Microsoft company. Database MSSQL can be used by virtual servers running on platform Linux and Microsoft Windows Server.
It's possible to create it on webhosting package Complet and in multihosting packages Firm and Expert or on VMS virtual servers.
What version of database we currently offer can be found with other technical information on address versions.active24.com.
- How to create new MySQL database?
- Change of password
- How can I fill database with data?
- Remote access to database - adding IP address
- Database backup
- Restore of database from backup (import of data)
- Log in to Control panel.
- Choose hosting, on which you want to create the database (Services / Webhosting and servers / Virtual servers).
- In Detail of server click in category Database MSSQL on Create button.
- Login information to new MSSQL database will be created automatically and will be shonw right after the database is created. By clicking on Create button the database will start to create.
- Using your login information log in to Control panel. Or you can ask for a new password.
- After you are logged in, choose virtual server, where you want to create the database (Services / Webhosting and servers / Virtual servers).
- In Detail of server click in category Database MSSQL on Establish button.
- Login information to new MSSQL database will be created automatically and will be shown right after the database is created. By clicking on Create button the database will start to create.
Passwords to databases are encrypted, so it's not possible to simply show the ones in use.
For new password to MSSQL database can be asked by authorized request
For connection to MSSQL database you can also use ASP script (example):
name of database server "msdb.domena.cz" *) name of database "databasename" user "username" password "passwordxxx": ConnString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=msdb.domain.cz;Database=jmenodatabaze;User Id=username;Password=passxxx;" Set Conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.open ConnString SQL = "SELECT * FROM tabulka WHERE id=1" Set RS = Conn.Execute(SQL,,1)
This string is used for example by aplications installed through Webmatrix, web.config contains connection:
<connectionStrings> <clear/> <add name="CMSConnectionString" connectionString="Persist Security Info=False;database=databasename;server=msdb.domain.cz; user id=username;password=password;Current Language=English;Connection Timeout=240;"/> </connectionStrings>
If you plan to manage database from your own computer remotely and not by web administration, it's necessary to allow your IP address at your chosen MSSQL, which has to be public (static). This requirement ensures the proper functioning of the database connection.
The assignment of IP addresses to MSSQL database, you can apply through an authorized request.
Backup and Data Recovery (MyLittleBackup)
Automatic backups of MSSQL databases that we perform each night are accessible through the mssqlbackup.active24.cz web interface.
With MyLittleBackup, we can manage up to 35 backup files, from which we provide 14 daily backup files. These files can be worked without limits, so please pay extra attention when handling these files, deleting them is irreversible.
If you are doing more in the MSSQL database, you can preventively create a backup of the current state of the database by following the instructions.
- On address mssqlbackup.active24.cz choose MSSQL server(1), where the database is located and fill in login information - name of database(2), username(3) and password(4). These details were send to you on contact e-mail after database creation.
- Once you have successfully logged in on the left of the Tools menu, options are available to manage database backups. To make a backup, select Backup databases(5) and choose in slide menu at the right your database(6).
- Confirm the chosen database(7) and fill in a Name of backup(8) (do not use spaces or special characters in the title) and Backup describtion(8) – in this field you can write notes, for example why you are making the backup.
- The backup itself is started by clicking on button Backup(10). Backup can be downloaded to PC(11), or it will be always available in Backup manager - at left menu option Manage backup files. The time before the backup is created depends on database size.