MSSQL Server is powerful database system from Microsoft company. Database MSSQL can be used by virtual servers running on platform Linux and Microsoft Windows Server.
It's possible to create it on webhosting package Complet and in multi hosting packages Firm and Expert or on VMS virtual servers.
What version of database we currently offer can be found with other technical information on address versions.active24.com.
- How to create new MySQL database?
- Change of password
- How can I fill database with data?
- Remote access to database - adding IP address
- Log in to Control panel.
- Choose hosting, on which you want to create the database (Services/Servers and hosting/Details).
- In Detail of server click in category Database MSSQL on Create button.
- Login information to new MSSQL database will be created automatically and will be show right after the database is created. By clicking on Create button the database will start to create.
- Using your login information log in to Control panel. Or you can ask for a new password.
- After you are logged in, choose virtual server, where you want to create the database (Services/Servers and hosting/Details).
- In Detail of server click in category Database MSSQL on Establish button.
- Login information to new MSSQL database will be created automatically and will be shown right after the database is created. By clicking on Create button the database will start to create.
- Database is now creating, as soon as the database is created, it's ready to use. You can see it in Detail of server in list of databases (within 30 minutes).
Change of password
Passwords to databases are encrypted, so it's not possible to simply show the ones in use.
For new password to MSSQL database can be asked by authorized request.
How can I fill database with data?
For connection to MSSQL database you can also use ASP script (example):
name of database server "msdb.domena.cz" *) name of database "databasename" user "username" password "passwordxxx": ConnString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=msdb.domain.cz;Database=jmenodatabaze;User Id=username;Password=passxxx;" Set Conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.open ConnString SQL = "SELECT * FROM tabulka WHERE id=1" Set RS = Conn.Execute(SQL,,1)
This string is used for example by applications installed through Webmatrix, web.config contains connection:
<connectionStrings> <clear/> <add name="CMSConnectionString" connectionString="Persist Security Info=False;database=databasename;server=msdb.domain.cz; user id=username;password=password;Current Language=English;Connection Timeout=240;"/> </connectionStrings>
Remote access to database - adding IP address
If you plan to manage database from your own computer remotely and not by web administration, it's necessary to allow your IP address at your chosen MSSQL, which has to be public (static). This requirement ensures the proper functioning of the database connection.
The assignment of IP addresses to MSSQL database, you can apply through an authorized request.